Extreme Detoxing is Not Necessary! Try This Fantastic “Tea-Tox” to Get Just as Many Health Benefits:
3 of the world’s most cleansing teas that can help you burn stubborn belly fat
You may not know it, but your body is a lean, mean detoxifying machine — all on its own! Every day your body has to process and detoxify hundreds of chemicals and compounds that you come into contact with. Everything you eat, drink, breathe, or put on your body has to be processed and sorted out by your body’s main detoxification organs.
Unfortunately, what can end up happening over time is sometimes we put our bodies into “toxic overload” — where we can’t keep up with the high amount of different toxins we have to process. This can lead to different symptoms of toxic build-up that leave us not feeling our best. To avoid reaching this overloaded place it’s important to remember that we can choose cleansing foods and herbs on a regular basis to help support our organs of elimination.
All of our organs work together to process and eliminate waste however a few organs do the majority of the heavy lifting:
- Our liver is a superstar when it comes to detoxifying, and largely why most detox tea blends include herbs that support and cleanse the liver.
- You can picture your liver kind of like a big sponge, helping to mop-up, process and neutralize almost all compounds we eat, breath, drink, and absorb including most medication and of course alcohol.
- Every time you breathe in you bring in a mix of different compounds and potential toxins or pollutants into your body and bloodstream.
- Our lungs help us eliminate CO2 as waste.
- Our kidneys act as another filtration system to help the body naturally cleanse and eliminate waste in the form of urine.
- Skin is our largest organ, and every time we sweat we help the body detoxify and eliminate waste materials.
- A healthy digestive system means going to the bathroom regularly and eliminating waste effectively.
- When things get backed up or we aren’t able to excrete waste on a regular basis we can run into health issues — if you’ve ever experienced constipation, I’m sure you are well away of this!
One of the most simple detox tips you could continue each day is to remain super hydrated to cleanse toxins and waste from the body.
Aim to drink 2 liters of water a day, which includes fruit and vegetables with a high water content, and herbal teas. Herbal teas offer an abundance of health benefits including cleansing properties which provide powerful anti-inflammatory action within your body.
DIY Detox Tea Recipes:
Here are some of my go-to healthy herbal detox recipes that we love to drink a cup or two of throughout the day. All of the ingredients should be ideally organic — you wouldn’t want to be drinking detox tea that may contain toxins right?!
Detox Tea Recipe #1: Featured Herbs
- Green tea contains L-theanine, an amino acid that is proven to reduce stress and improve brainpower. It also contains a powerhouse of antioxidants and a host of benefits including weight loss, stress lowering, lowers blood pressure, is loaded with polyphenols and flavonoids which function as superior antioxidants and boosts metabolism.
- Calming effect on the nervous and digestive system. Relaxes and soothes the muscles throughout the digestive tract.
- One of the best plant sources of vitamin C, which is important for the immune system, skin and tissue health and adrenal function.
- High in antioxidants helping to rid our bodies of destructive molecules that can damage our cells and protect us against chronic disease. Antioxidants can help reverse inflammatory processes caused by toxins.
Teatox Recipe #1: Soothing Green Tea and Hibiscus
- 1 teaspoon organic green tea
- 1 teaspoon organic chamomile flowers
- 1 teaspoon organic dried rosehip
- 1 teaspoon organic dried hibiscus
- Combine all tea ingredients together in a teapot, tea bag, or strainer with 2 cups boiling water and steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Serves 1-2 but we love combining more of each ingredient into a jar to have our own blend on hand to drink throughout the day.
- You can enjoy 2-3 cups/ day with food or away from food (your preference!), and add a squeeze of lemon to brighten the flavor.
- Similar to green tea (derived from the same plant), oolong tea leaves are thought to help promote weight loss by boosting metabolism as well as contains a higher amount of antioxidants. Oolongs come in several varieties and are only partly oxidized, meaning they’re only exposed to the air for a short period of time. Black teas are fully oxidized, meaning that even if a tea is 99% oxidized, it’s still considered an oolong.
- Ginger acts as a circulatory stimulant, warming, promotes blood flow throughout the body. Ginger also acts as a good digestive aid to help soothe an upset stomach or nausea.
- Warming and fragrant, cinnamon has strong research showing its benefits at controlling blood sugar levels while also reducing stress and inflammation. Cinnamon can also help with weight loss by keeping cravings in check!
- Rich in vitamin C and a great digestive aid, adding lemon to your tea will help the process of elimination among a long list of other health benefits. Lemon in warm water is well known for its healthy, long list of benefits.
- Honey (especially Manuka honey) can have powerful antibacterial, and immune stimulating properties. It can also help soothe a sore throat and benefit the digestive tract.
- 1 teaspoon organic oolong tea
- 1-inch fresh ginger root grated or sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground organic cinnamon
- 1/4 fresh lemon sliced
- 1 teaspoon organic Manuka honey
- In a small teapot combine all ingredients with 2 cups of boiling water in a tea bag or strainer and let steep for 5-6 minutes
- This tea combination is best made fresh and enjoyed straight away.
- You can enjoy 2-3 cups/ day best enjoyed away from food
If you don’t have the time to go out and buy all the individual herbs to make the above teas and are looking for a more potent and structured detox program to press the reset button on your health, I would highly recommend a 14 day or 28 day detox program by Affect Health.
The formulas are laxative-free, which is important because the large majority of tea detoxes contain a laxative component. While sometimes laxatives are necessary and safe, I don’t believe the large majority of individuals should be using a laxative unless directed by a healthcare practitioner. Laxatives can give the user a false sense of temporary weight loss and lead to no real, lasting change.
On top of that, prolonged laxative use or laxative abuse can lead to permanently damaged bowels, nutrient deficiencies, physical dependency, as well as a behavioral addiction to laxative use.
Each 14 and 28-day program contains two detox blends:
1. Daytime Teatox: Fresh Citrus
This cleansing daytime blend contains a mix of loose leaf tea, and herbs along with powdered medicinal herbs to help improve the strength of the blends. The daytime blend is meant to be enjoyed 2x/ day (morning and afternoon) which contains herbs and tea such as milk thistle, dandelion root, matcha green tea, yerba mate, lemongrass and hibiscus designed to:
- Kick start metabolism and weight loss
- Increase energy levels in an even-released, non-jittery way
- Liver support
- Support your immune system
- Reduce bloating
- Improve skin clarity
Flavor: fruity, citrus notes, slightly tart
Full ingredients: Organic Yerba Mate (Ilex Paragueriensis), Organic Orange Peel (Citrus Sinensis), Organic Jasmine Green Tea, Organic Dandelion Root (Taraxicum Officials, Organic Milk Thistle Seed Powder (Silybum Marianum), Organic Hibiscus (Hibiscus Sabdarifffa), Organic Lemongrass (Cymopogon Citrates), Organic Schisandra Berry Powder (Schisandra Chinensis), Organic Grade A Matcha.
Note: A lot of people add a touch of lemon and/or honey to sweeten and bring out the flavor even more.
Source : http://theheartysoul.com